In exciting news, we're very happy to welcome Bill Hazard to the UPLIT team as our new Head of Production.
Bill’s extensive experience in the arts and events industry spans 25 years, both on and off the stage. Most recently as Production Manager at the Brisbane Powerhouse, Bill delivered events for the Myriad Festival for tech and innovation, Queensland Ballet, the Powerhouse Writers+Ideas program, and the Brisbane Festival. He was a songwriter for internationally touring Queensland electronic artists Soma Rasa, and co-produced an extensive recording catalogue.
We sat down with Bill and asked him to share some fun fast facts.
- My all-time favourite book is… Such a tough question! Leaves of the Banyan Tree by Albert Wendt or is it The White Tiger by Arvavind Adiga.
- The book I most recommend to others is... The Songlines by Bruce Chatwin because it’s an important read for all Australians.
- I’m currently reading... The Wonkey Donkey by Craig Smith (I have a young son) and Carpentaria by Alexis Wright.
- My favourite thing about Brisbane is... the people and the community. It's where my family and friends live. I've travelled to some incredible parts of the world but I always love coming home to Brisbane.
- I’m excited to join the UPLIT team because... we’re working together on important projects and collaborations with great artists
Bill is busy planning some wonderful events for the 2017 Brisbane Writers Festival, all of which will be revealed in July. Welcome Bill!