Edwin has been passionately working with BWF's Development Department since 2016, and has spent a large part of this year ensuring our Festival Friends have access to some of the best offers from UPLIT's friends and partners. Discover what Edwin's Top Picks are during BWF17.
Which event at the Brisbane Writers Festival are you most looking forward to attending?
- Buddhist Economics and The Secret Life of the Mind – I always admire the human capacity of seeing conventional things from another perspective, and these two sessions will explore that beautifully.
Tell us something about you we don’t already know…
- I consider myself to be a spiritual seeker. I have learnt to find joy in the most challenging moments of my life; from leaving my hometown back in Colombia to taking an early morning shower in winter.
From the artists attending at this year’s Brisbane Writers Festival, who do you look to for inspiration?
- Mariano Sigman and Alec Doomadgee.
Is there a particular book that you have read which still remains with you today?
- A Course in Miracles.
People who attend the Brisbane Writers Festival will be able to hear many stories that will be thought provoking, where do you seek your ideas from?
- I find inspiration in music, films and literature.
The power of a story can create conversations, what are you hoping for people to be talking about after BWF this year?
- How the arts can help us transcend all the positive and negative judgments of our day-to-day life events.
What book are you next looking forward to reading?
- Out of the Darkness: From Turmoil to Transformation by Steve Taylor.
What do you like most about working on BWF?
- Seeing hundreds of literary lovers use the Brisbane Writers Festival as a platform to not only reach, but also express their most profound dreams and desires. I see myself reflected in them.
What is one thing you cannot resist?
- A Lady Gaga song.
And finally... Can you offer any tips on how to fit in more reading into our busy lives?
- Find your true literary passion and turn off your phone.