TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I acknowledge that:
my entry be shortlisted, I provide permission for my name, school name,
and my entry (or excerpts of) to be published in print and/or online by
Brisbane Writers Festival, The University of Queensland, and/or
Brisbane Writers Festival media partners. Author names will be credited
on all publications.
- I agree to receive communications from The University of Queensland. I may opt out of communications at any time.
- I agree to receive communications from Brisbane Writers Festival. I may opt out of communications at any time.
- I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions.
under the age of 18 must receive parental or guardian consent to
participate. Parental/guardian consent must be given on the entry form
and a valid phone number for the parent or guardian must be provided.
Terms and Conditions:
This competition is conducted by us, Brisbane Writer’s Festival.
You may participate in the competition only on these Terms and Conditions.
may only participate if you are currently enrolled as a Queensland
school student and living in Queensland at the time of entry
cannot participate if you are a BWF/UPLIT employee or an immediate
family member of one of our employees. An immediate family is a spouse,
ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child, step-child, parent, step-parent,
grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother,
sister, step-brother, or step-sister.
- The competition is a game of skill in which chance plays no part in determining the winners.
- The competition is FREE to enter.
are responsible for any costs associated with accessing the
competition, such as Internet access, scanning, uploading or other fees
enter, you must complete the Entry Form at bwf.org.au/MicroFic,
including all the required details, and submit your entry within the
word limit during the competition period. We will not accept emailed,
posted, incomplete, indecipherable or late entries.
- The competition period commences at 5:00pm AEST, 19 March, 2021 and closes at 5:00pm AEST 23 April, 2021.
may submit only one entry for the whole competition. It must be within
the word limit prescribed for your category. It must be your original
work and must be previously unpublished. It can be in the form of prose
- Once you have submitted your entry it is final and you cannot withdraw or edit it.
entering the competition, you grant permission for and license us to
publish your story (along with your name or pen name) on the BWF
website, in the BWF newsletter and on social media platforms.