From 2021, Brisbane Writers Festival will be presenting online content across both free and paid events. How you can watch these is slightly different. You can contact us at any time if you are unsure and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Email is preferred for non-urgent enquiries about watching digital content.
On this page, you will find information on:
- Watching free online events
- Watching paid online events
- Using a multi-event pass to redeem online and paid events
1. Watching free online events
Our free online events are featured on our YouTube channel and also on our website in the individual event page. Most of these will remain on our channel for viewing indefinitely.
2. Watching paid online events
Our paid online events are able to be viewed through your BWF account on our website. This is the same account you use to buy tickets to our in-person events at the Festival and to donate to us. Each event may be slightly different in terms of how long you will have to watch the session (this is dependent on our contractual relationship with our featured artists) - these details will be prominently displayed within each individual event. Please make sure you take note of these availability dates, as we cannot provide refunds or credits for purchased content that has not been watched.
To purchase a ticket for an online event, go to the event page and process your ticket sale as you normally would for our on-site Festival.
To watch, head to our website and in the top-right corner, click Login (if you are logged out), or My Account (if you are already logged in). Click "On Demand" in the menu on the left. Your purchased events should now be shown - simply click on the event to play! If it is not yet available, you will see a countdown clock to the release date/time.
3. Using a multi-event pass to redeem online, paid events
During our main Festival, and for some special series throughout the year, we offer multi-event passes. These passes are specially priced 'tickets', that allow you to book for multiple events or sessions. The terms and conditions for different passes (e.g. what events can and cannot be redeemed with a pass) will be clearly identified in the pass description on our website. For example, some passes may only apply to online events, or may exclude special or premium events during the Festival.
For full information on using passes during our main Festival, you can see our Passes page.
To redeem a purchased pass on an individual event:
- Head to our website and in the top-right corner, click Login (if you are logged out), or My Account (if you are already logged in)
- On the main account page, you will see a panel labelled "Passes". This will show the passes you have purchased, and a code. Take note of this number. This number is also listed on your receipt emailed to you after you have purchased a pass.
- Go to the event page of the event you want to book. You can see all current events on sale here.
- If you are logged in, you should see a ticket option called "Author Editor - Season Pass Redeem: ". If you don't see this option, below the paid ticket options. there is a panel with the heading "Code?". Enter your pass code in this box and click "Validate"
- Click "Add to Cart" and complete the sale. If you are only redeeming tickets, this will process a free sale. If you have a mix of redeemed pass tickets and paid tickets, complete the payment as normal.
You can see what passes are currently available and purchase through your BWF account.